About this listing
The Lake House is located within acreage just outside Tarbuck Bay, close to Seal Rocks, Wallingat National Park and stunning local beaches – where you can sit, sip and relax to your heart’s desire!
You will find breathtaking views of the lagoon and surrounding bushland, where you can venture for a walk around the entire lagoon enjoying the natural birdlife and tranquillity. The lagoon was excavated when the property was first being established, and where a swamp and island were made for the local birdlife and to create a natural eco-system.
Each luxe bedroom has their own courtyard space overlooking the serene natural landscape. The house speaks for itself and has been built in visual harmony with the surrounding landscapes, and has a wide covered verandah with overhang to screen summer sun and admit winter sun. The land itself has been variegated with about 2000 local native trees and shrubs, mainly scattered along the boundaries. These provide wildlife corridors into Wallingat National Park and screening from neighbouring properties, allowing privacy and a space you won't want to leave.
The Lake House was architecturally designed by Sydney architect Kevin Snell, whose designs and eco-credentials stood out above all others. The earthen/mud brick home has been designed and positioned to capture ventilation and temperatures for each season – cool in Summer, warm in Winter – with an open wood fireplace capturing the essence of a Lake House escape.
We have a veggie patch out the back that you are welcome to gather seasonal produce during your stay. You are welcome to use the little boat, and/or canoe, paddleboard (please bring your own life jackets).
** There is a large body of water on the property that is not fenced - children must be supervised at all times.
- You can also find us on Instagram -
T H I N G S . W E . L O V E
- NEW Sauna overlooking the lagoon
- Enveloped in peace and tranquillity
- Our local birdlife
- Fire pit with seating for those marshmallow nights
- Star gazing
- Hotel quality linen provided – just bring your beach/lagoon towels
- Single level home suitable for guests with impaired mobility
- Lagoon with private jetty where you can swim, fish and paddleboard
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and living room
- Natural hair & body products
- High quality WiFi, 2 Smart TV's, Foxtel, Netflix
- Double garage holds moveable ping pong table
H O M E . T R U T H S
- Pets by application only - please let us know about your pet
- A pre-authorised bond is charged prior to arrival
- Strict no party or function policy
- No camping or caravans allowed
- Exterior security cameras in place
Great Lakes Region
Renowned as one of the most popular National Parks in NSW, Myall Lakes is a stunning fusion of lakes, coastal forests, more than 40kms of pristine beaches and an expansive sand dune system. Internationally recognised for its wetland ecology, it features one of the state’s largest coastal lake systems and offers water enthusiasts endless opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, boating and fishing. On land, exploring Mungo Brush, the Dark Point sand dunes and the Tops to Myall’s Heritage Trail are a must.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-53049