Holiday Letting Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are valid from 01 August 2017 and supersede all previous Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for choosing to book your accommodation with Pacific Palms Holidays (Pacific Palms Real Estate). We trust you will have a great holiday enjoy everything the Pacific Palms area has to offer.
We ask you carefully read the following “Terms and Conditions” of your Holiday Letting as these “Terms and Conditions” become an agreement between yourself as the guest and the property owner.
Pacific Palms Real Estate Pty. Ltd. endorses the Code of Conduct that was a nationally recognised and launched on 24th March 2015 by the Holiday Rental Industry Association. As a guest booking with Pacific Palms Real Estate and upon abiding to our terms and conditions you also agree to abide by the Code of Conduct. You can download a copy of the Code of Conduct via the HRIA website.
PACIFIC PALMS HOLIDAYS
- The premises are let for holiday accommodation purposes only. All bookings are made for the dates as shown on the response email/letter/receipt and are taken in good faith by Pacific Palms Real Estate (‘PPRE’) however, bookings may be subject to change prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits/payments are accepted on behalf of the current owner of the premises and PPRE will not accept responsibility for any decision, action or arrangement of the current or a new owner of the premises, including but not limited to, the sale of the property, withdrawal from rental, the property being rendered uninhabitable, a change in the accommodation fee or the alteration of the property in any way prior to your occupation. PPRE reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in PPRE’s opinion renders the booking impractical. PPRE will attempt to notify you as soon as possible and to use their reasonable endeavours to arrange alternative accommodation or dates suitable to you, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
- The premises should be available after 2.30pm on the day of your arrival and is to be vacated by 10:00am on the day of your departure, unless prior arrangements have been made and a late checkout fee paid.
- In accordance with health authority regulations, dogs and pets are not allowed under any circumstances, unless the selected property is one of our designated pet friendly properties and this has been approved by PPRE and/or the property owner. Pets must remain outside at all time and all pet faeces, hair, food and any other mess caused by your pet must be removed before you depart. If there is any evidence of your pet after you depart your bond may be charged. If unauthorised pets are found at the premises, the occupants will be automatically liable for fumigation of the property and the tenancy will be terminated immediately.
- All premises are fully equipped with linen (e.g. sheets, pillow cases, towels, bath mats, tea towels). A small complimentary supply of kitchen/ bathroom equipment (detergent/soap etc) is provided.
- The maximum number of persons (including children) permitted to occupy the premises will be nominated by PPRE when you make your booking. Overcrowding and extra guests are not permitted.
- PPRE will only confirm a pending booking where the full amount requested is received by the due date. Please choose your booking carefully as deposits/payments are not transferable. Your accommodation payment is due in full 48 hours after making your booking unless other arrangements have been approved by PPRE. Payments can be made by internet or bank transfer, money order, eftpos or credit card. A personal cheque will not be accepted. N.B. A surcharge of 2.5% for MasterCard and Visa, and 3.0% for Amex (subject to change in accordance with financial institution charges) of any amount paid will apply for all payments made by credit card.
- As advance rents are accounted to the owner of the property upon receipt, cancellations are refunded only when the premises are fully re-let for the same period at the same or greater rent. All cancellations must be in writing (or email) and are subject to a 20% cancellation/handling fee. No refund of any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made. Travel insurance is recommended particularly for high-cost bookings. NB: A change of booking dates attracts the same conditions as for cancellations unless otherwise approved by PPRE.
- A minimum security deposit of $500.00 (or other amount as specified by PPRE) must be paid or organised prior to or upon arrival, or if arriving after hours this is required prior to your arrival. PPRE requires all security deposits (bonds) to be by credit card, unless otherwise agreed prior to arrival. If a guest or any person present in the premises with a guest’s permission breaches any of the Terms and Conditions of Letting, PPRE is authorised, without giving you prior notice, to claim the full amount of the security deposit and you will have no claim against PPRE in respect of PPRE doing so. Where the value of the loss or damage caused by the breach of these Terms and Conditions of Letting exceeds the value of the security deposit, PPRE, in addition to any other rights PPRE or the owner of the premises may have at law or in equity, has the right to recover from the guest any costs incurred as a result of the breach. An administration fee of $30.00 will be charged if a bond claim is required to be processed. If the total amount claimed for damages exceeds $150.00 an administration fee of $60.00 will apply. (Please advise any friends who may be accompanying you).
- Keys can be collected from PPRE’s office during business hours, being 9am-5pm daily (excluding some public holidays). Registration upon arrival is required to be effected by the guest with photo I.D and drivers licence and credit card details provided for the security deposit. If you intend to arrive after hours, please notify the office. Under no circumstances will keys be left out or key lock codes provided without prior arrangements, full payment of rent, and organisation of security deposit and pre-signed registration form. PPRE will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs incurred if a guest arrives after hours and a minimum $110.00 (incl GST) call out fee will be charged if after hours call our is required.
- If on arrival by a guest the premises are unclean, or it comes to the attention of the guest that the premises have been damaged, the guest must promptly notify PPRE and allow PPRE, or its agents, contractors or employees access to the premises for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning or repairing of damage.
- PPRE and the owner of the premises are not responsible for, and guests hereby release them from any liability in respect of, any injury, debt, damage, loss, cost, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond PPRE or the owner’s control.
- No responsibility is taken for guests’ personal property left in, on or near the premises. Doors and windows at the premises should be secured at ALL times. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance. For items to be collected/returned to the guest by COD the Australia Post fee for postage cost will be charged. All accommodation is for residential purposes only. Functions, parties, after school celebrations and extra guests are strictly not allowed and PENALTIES APPLY. Any type of function, party or get-together will incur a MINIMUM non-negotiable function fee of $500.00 and immediate eviction will occur without refund for any unauthorised use or unused stay. In addition PPRE will be entitled to claim the security deposit and any additional costs where any cleaning is required or damage results to the premises.
- Pacific Palms Real Estate participate in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any Guests, breach our Terms and Conditions, your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the Property Owner and/or other Agents participating in the Bad Book register. Pacific Palms Holidays reserves the right to refuse or cancel a booking where a Guest may be registered on Bad Books.
- Occupation of premises which, in PPRE’s opinion causes nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately and the full security deposit forfeited and any costs incurred following misuse of the premises will be payable by the guest or charged against the credit card tendered. PPRE Security contractors may also attend if required.
- Premises are furnished to the individual property owner’s taste and style and PPRE takes no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the décor, furnishings and equipment in the premises.
- Any repairs, maintenance or service reported and requested by guests to be effected to the premises or any equipment provided at the premises, and/or deemed necessary by PPRE, will be effected as soon as practicable, however due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. awaiting parts, tradespeople unavailable) immediate repairs may be beyond our control and no responsibility is accepted by the agent for these circumstances. No recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the premises. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours by arrangement (and at anytime in an emergency) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee. Common examples include not correctly operating televisions, ovens and washing machines.
- In the event of the premises being offered for sale, you may be required to allow prospective purchasers to view the premises at reasonable times by appointment.
- In the case of apartments, units and villas - car parking or carports are usually numbered. Extra vehicles, boats, etc., are to be parked outside the grounds, or other satisfactory arrangements made with PPRE.
- The guest will be responsible for damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest will pay to the agent, PPRE, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages and losses are to be reported to PPRE immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
- Guests will be responsible for costs incurred for re-tuning TV/DVDs which have been de-tuned by guests or by the attachment of electronic devices, play stations, Nintendo Wii’s etc.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from a PPRE representative after office hours will be charged a minimum service fee of $110.00. If keys or remotes are lost you will be responsible for the changing of locks and remotes if applicable.
- If guests do not leave the premises neat and tidy PPRE will charge the guest an additional cleaning fee, as charged. Any spillages, fridge and kitchen benches must be wiped, floors swept, dishes washed, dried and put away clean, BBQ cleaned (if messy), and all garbage must be wrapped and placed in the garbage bin provided.
- The property must be vacated on time (penalty fees apply for late check-out without arrangement) and secured with windows & doors locked. All keys and key pouches must be returned to PPRE’s office immediately after vacation of the premises, or returned to key safes as instructed or placed in key safe box on the premises whichever is applicable. The guest acknowledges and agrees PPRE is not required to undertake an inspection of the property in the presence of the guest on vacation of the property.
- The garbage/recycle bin will be collected Tuesday morning in Pacific Palms and Wednesday morning in Seal Rocks. The red bin needs to be put out every week on Monday for Tuesday morning collection, whilst the yellow bin is emptied fortnightly. Occupying guests must put the bin on the kerbside with handle facing the property. Excess garbage, bottles and boxes will not be collected by Council and must be removed and disposed of by guests, or arrangements made with PPRE and a minimum fee of $45.00 will apply.
- Re-bookings must be made with the PPRE office during a guest’s stay. Guests have the first option to rebook the premises for the same dates the following year but once a guest vacates the premises this option will no longer be available. Payment is due to be paid 3 months after the rebooking or as arranged with PPRE. Re-bookings can only be accepted when the previous occupancy has been satisfactory.
- All rentals are subject to increase without notice, especially in the case of the premises being upgraded or renovated and on instructions from the owner, and in respect of genuinely misquoted accommodation fees via any medium. Guests will be given the opportunity to pay the increase or obtain a full refund of the deposit paid.
- In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out near the holiday premises, such work is beyond the control of PPRE and the owner and PPRE cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated in these circumstances.
- The property may have a broadband internet connection (wired or wireless). The operation of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. The Guest will not hold PPRE or the Owner liable for the availability or disruption in any internet connection. TV and Austar/Foxtel reception in parts of Pacific Palms can be unreliable in times of high wind or storm. Depending on the location of the Property there may be low signal strength. The Guest will not hold PPRE or the Owner liable for any disruption in TV or Austar/Foxtel reception. If Austar/Foxtel is provided at the property the extent of available channels will vary from property to property depending on the account the Owner has set up with Austar/Foxtel. The Guest will not hold PPRE or the Owner liable for any channels that are unavailable.
- Any printed, written or verbal description of the premises or position by PPRE or an employee of PPRE is made in good faith and to the best of our knowledge, however no responsibility for mis-description, errors or omissions will be accepted. All courtesy will be given on genuine dissatisfaction. Any information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or related websites are subject to alteration without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail.
Enjoy your Stay with Pacific Palms Holidays